- Aviation Services
MECHANICAL TESTING LAB & METALLURGICAL SERVICES
ARIES MECHANICAL TESTING LAB is one of the recognized laboratory from U.A.E providing comprehensive range of mechanical testing and metallurgical services to various industries.
We are well experienced in Marine, Industrial, Oil & gas projects and industrial product verifications. Our Testing lab is well equipped with advanced testing equipment’s & in-house machine shop to conduct the testing as per ASTM, BS, BS EN, DIN, ISO or client/project specified standards with ultimate customer satisfaction.
Mechanical Testing Lab (Destructive Testing Lab)
It's necessary to test in a Lab and measure the mechanical properties of engineering material before their intended application to elude unacceptable levels of failure or deformation. Laboratory testing determining the properties such as tensile characteristic, hardness, impact toughness, ductile to brittle temperature. Testing under various conditions are necessary for engineering & design applications. The results of Laboratory testing will reflect the material behaviour in ideal conditions.
We ascertain the mechanical properties with carefully designed laboratory test methods, data analysis and experienced personal’s interpretation.
Aries Oil Field Services LLC, Mechanical Testing Lab accredited under ISO/IEC 17025 as per the specified scope.
Material Testing lab - Applications
- Marine Engineering & Fabrications: Material strength analysis , Grade verification, Welding procedure qualifications
- Industrial Supply & Constructions:Product verification, MTC review, Grade confirmation, Welding procedure qualifications..etc
- Oil & Gas Projects: Product verification, Project requirements, Grade confirmation, Material strength analysis..etc
- Aerospace Industries : Material strength analysis
- Automobile Industries : Failure analysis
- Welding & Brazing Qualifications: Weld strength (According to ASME, BSEN ,ISO EN,API, DIN , ABS, DNVGL, LR …etc)
Aries mechanical testing lab is using standard method to identify the basic properties of material like strength, yield point, elongation under uniaxial tensile load. This test will help to understand exact value of Yield Strength, Tensile Strength, % Elongation and reduction area of the material. Aries Testing Lab using Computerized Universal Testing machine to determine the mechanical properties of various ferrous and nonferrous metals .This value used to interpolate behaviour of material during various type load condition.
- Uniaxial tensile testing
- Proof strength analysis for bolt
- Full size tensile testing
- Room and high temperature tensile testing
- Tensile test for Plate, Pipe, Tube, Welded Sample
Testing Lab used to evaluate both the ductility and soundness of a material. It is often used as a quality control test for butt-welded joints, having the advantage of simplicity of both test piece and equipment. Aries Testing Lab using different bend re bend mandrill according to the standards and project specifications.
- Weld metal testing- Rebend / root / face / side bend test
- Compression test
Charpy Impact Testing
In laboratory testing, Impact test validate the ability of material withstand during impact or sudden changes in load, it also help to find ductile to brittle transition temperature of the material, this will help to identify the materials behaviour in low temperature application. Aries testing lab having the capacity to conduct the test from room temperature to various sub-zero temperature.
- Subzero temperature
- Room temperature
Aries Testing Lab using calibrated benchtop hardness testers to measure accurately the material’s resistance to localized plastic deformation.
- Rockwell Hardness Testing
- Vickers Hardness Testing
- Brinell Hardness Testing
- Onsite hardness measurement
- Non-destructive micro hardness
CHEMICAL COMPOSITION ANALYSIS
The testing of material’s elemental composition is very important factor in mechanical property of the material. Optical emission spectrometry (PMI/OES) will help to identify the material chemical composition.
The onsite testing with PMI-OES equipment having an advantage of testing complex shaped materials. The analysis can be possible at site without destruction.
- Chemical composition detection
- Onsite material verification
- Unknown material identification
- Carbon detection from Ferrous and Nonferrous materials
Our metallurgy Lab specialists offer complex onsite and laboratory based metallurgical analysis & failure Investigations according to customer needs.
We are specialised in Micro analysis, Replica Metallurgy, Fractography, Ferrite count, SEM , EDX , Corrosion study ,Case study, Investigation , Metallurgical consultation . The clients benefit expert evaluation and opinion of fracture, creep, fatigue, wear, deformation, contamination (trace analysis), corrosion control, materials ..etc.
We offer detailed Metallurgical Testing & failure investigation, which will help to find out root cause in metallurgical point view. .
- Ferrite testing by point count
- ASTM grain size number
- Weld characteristics
- Depth penetration
- Fusion – zone size and number of passes
- Heat affected zone
- Grain Size
- Phase Identification
- Identification of ferrite and Sigma Phases
- Case Depth and Plating Thickness measurement
- Nitride Case Depth
- Heat Treatment Evaluation
- Nodularity/ Nodule Count
- Area Fraction
- Linear Measurement
- Grain Flow
- Surface Condition
METALLOGRAPHY (REPLICA METALLOGRAPHY)
Replica metallurgy is a non-destructive metallographic technique, performed “on site” or in the “field” on components that are too large to bring to the laboratory. Generally, these components are still being used in service or must be returned to service. This method used to predict the
- Evolution of microstructural changes in a component during its lifetime assessing
- Creep damage in elevated-temperature components
- Assessment of turbine rotors/blades, steam piping, heat exchangers, chemical reactors, pressure vessels, etc.
- To monitor quality of purchased components.
( Mechanical Test)
Mob : +971 50 9697338