Noise Modelling is an incredible tool to evaluate noise from industrial facilities with a large number of noise sources.
Aries utilizes SoundPLAN noise modelling software to create models of existing /proposed facilities, and predict the radiated noise level.
Precision in the predicted result is significant as we are aware of how costly treatments can be, and how much more expensive rectification works are. we use latest techniques to cost effectively create highly accurate noise models .
Areas we focus on
- Industrial Noise Control
- Outside noise assessments and noise reduction
- Prediction, Forecast and measurement of noise levels from industrial plants, Factories, Power plants, wind farms, Environmental Noise etc.
- Noise Mapping from sources in operation/ development
- Noise Modelling for any plants in operation/ development
- Noise assessments to confirm compliance with Health & Safety
Noise is often one of the environmental variables where it seems more difficult to ensure full compliance with legal limits in complex industrial situations and / or in other multi- source environments.
Certain areas require more information on noise levels than can be provided by a simple noise survey. There may be a requirement to view sound pressure levels everywhere in a workplace, or around a particular piece of plant and machinery. Noise mapping can provide that detail.
Aries can assist our Clients with the generation of a noise map for any scenario, by using noise mapping software.
This could range from a standard noise impact assessment exercise, to the generation of a distributed noise map for the planning application of a development scheme, to even a strategic noise map designed for the global assessment and prediction of noise exposure in a given area.
Aries have produced high-quality internal noise maps for several clients.
- The development of computer mapping techniques that simulate the acoustic emission and propagation enables one, in our days, to model with good accuracy and reasonably fast, the complex scenario of noise generation and propagation.
- This then allows one to produce noise source ranking, according to the individual contributions to the total noise, as well as comparing different noise control scenarios, thus enabling one to optimize the investment in noise control measures
- Noise evaluation around industrial premises have been for a long time carried out by means of short term noise measurement, on a limited number of receivers, and by performing some simplified qualitative analysis, eventually with some simple calculations.
- The results are normally presented in the form of coloured noise maps, each color corresponding to a given interval of noise levels.
Many techniques are utilized in noise mapping, includes:
- 2D noise maps
- 3D noise maps
Our noise mapping services include the following:
- Visual representation of noise levels in a workplace in the form of a contour map.
- Maps overlaid on area, Plant or workplace.
- Range of information can be displayed –Frequency, intensity, peak levels etc.
- Visual differentiation of zones
The Noise Map must describe:
- Noise source (Industries, Machineries, vehicles, Plants etc )
- Transmission path
- Receiver locations
- Sound Plan